Monday, November 11, 2013

Retrospective: A Year of Curating Oct 2012-Nov 2013

Retrospective: A Year of Curating

NX ArtHouse Oct 2012- Nov 2013

My name is Alex. I curated at the NX ArtHouse for about a year. When I finish this blog entry, my work will be complete. It was quite a ride.

Curated by LisaAnn LoBasso, assisted by Alex Ortiz.

November 2012 Stone Soup
Curated by LisaAnn LoBasso, assisted by Alex Ortiz.

December 2012 nXmas Art Sale
Curated by LisaAnn LoBasso, assisted by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

March 2013 Blank Gone Wild
Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

Curated by Alex Ortiz.

During these art exhibits The NX ArtHouse hosted OnTheFly Open Mic with flymaster John Davies and SPEAKEASY Open Mic with co-hosts Alex Ortiz and Zeke Hughes.

I had always planned on this being temporary. It was just time. I loved curating these shows. It was a huge challenge. I would do it again, in another time and place. I'm not planning on curating any events soon. Who knows what adventures will happen next. For now I'm going to focus on my own art. Thank you to everyone involved for this experience.

Much Love,
Alex Ortiz

1 comment:

  1. Well done Alex and thank you for your creative expression!

    ReplyDelete