Monday, April 1, 2013

Noah and the Moon

I took on a last minute project to illustrate a children's book. The client, Katie Romley, had written a book, but was not inclined in visual artistry and wanted it complete in time for a birthday. I was given an empty card board book and a stack of post-its with the story on it.

I read the post-its and did some imagining to make a story board for each page.
Story Board

Her major request was that cover. Noah and the Moon. Written by Katie Romley. Illustrated by Alexandra Ortiz.

Noah and the Moon

The story left plenty of space for my imagination. "One day Noah found the moon. He put it in his pocket." Page one.

Finding the Moon

My favorite page was when Noah took care of the moon. "Noah placed moon in his room. He gave him pillows and blankets. At night he told him funny stories & brought him crackers." Page five.

funny stories

The book was fourteen pages. I wish I could share every page, but I know I gotta leave everyone wanting more. The client (the writer) loves it, and I'm pretty proud of the illustrations I made for this. It was a really good experience.







No comments:

Post a Comment