Monday, December 12, 2011

The Little Things


Breaking the Illusion

 I am not quite sure how a blog works. I could go all out in gramatical correctness, because I payed attention in English class, but seeing as it is late and I told myself i would write soemthing anything today, I'll just blab along in something that sounds like english (for now).

I was thinking all day about how I wanted to write a blog about my giant paintings i have been working on or my woodworking projects, but I decided instead to write about something else, tonight at least.

I had always wanted to paint as much as i could as large as i could. That transfered into other art genres I have been working in. Lately, I have been thinking about little things.

Since high school english class when we learned about poetry, haiku's specifically, I have been writing poems here and there. My poems are just a haiku's put together by a common subject.

One day in the CSUB painting studio, I was helping a fellow student with her canvass. She asked what it was made of. "It's just string," I replied. String by itself can be easily torn or ripped or broken. When string is woven together is is stronger and can do great things. In the same way, my haiku poems are just little things put together to makeup something stronger.

Baby Hamster doll next to spool of string

I have been making small dolls that go with paintings i have been creating lately. They are made of what was socks which was just string which was just whatever was used to make the string. So essentally these dolls are just really strong string.
The little things are important. They makeup the whole big world; whatever that is.

Goodnight, cyberspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment